Thursday, April 25, 2013

4/25/13

Dear Temple,
I hope this note finds you well and happy. I'm making Chicken and Salad for dinner while listening to the soothing music of Pantera. I cut legumes with rage.

I've put down The Lord of the Rings trilogy to read High Fidelity. I don't mind putting down the Tolkien books for now. Gimli can wait. I usually do a little matinee reading in the midst of long novels. High Fidelity is really good so far. I spoke with my sister this morning and she is a fan of the book. She told me the author, Nick Hornby, writes books that are always about something else. She's right. I like the book because it seems to be about growing up even though you're old. I can dig that.

The soothing music of Slipknot is on now. I boil eggs with rage.

My sister and I also spoke a bit about keeping children safe. She's gotten some funny comments from people who care about her. Sometimes I just don't understand people. I'm a quiet guy, but that's because people can say the dumbest things and I figure the less I open my mouth the better. You never know when stupid will jump out of it. My neighbor, when I had the four boys, would constantly comment about how he didn't know how I handled them or that I couldn't possibly keep them under tabs all the time. His children usually have a ratio of two adults to one child most of the time. Recently, and ironically, I kept my four kids without major injury while his recently broke his leg. Don't worry.

The soothing music of Rammstein is on now. I saute Chicken with rage.

The truth is that no matter what you do, you can't keep your kids safe all the time and you really shouldn't. The world can get a bit rough, as you know, and kids need to learn how to handle it. Not that they should be flung to the wolves - I just prefer guidance rather than smothering.

The soothing music of Rage Against the Machine is on now. The song is "Know Your Enemy" and I think he's talking about me.

I love you much and miss you always,
Uncle Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment