Friday, October 19, 2012

10/19/12

Dear Temple,
I hope this note finds you well and happy. Forgive the lack of letter yesterday. Your Aunt Crystal went to a conference so I had the boys to myself for a night. We watched Darby O'Gill and the Little People. It was a good movie, but I didn't remember all the scary parts it had. Elijah, who gets nightmares pretty easily, closed his eyes for those parts. He doesn't shake scary images well. When you put garbage in your head you can never get rid of it.
It was fun to see a young Sean Connery in the film. He sang a couple times. Now I know why his musical career never took off.
With Crystal gone I stayed up late, smoked a couple pipes (which is a filthy and disgusting habit) and read. I'm reading The Black Rose by Costain. I picked up the book at the library book fair not knowing anything about it except that it had a beautiful cover. It's nice that the story is as good as the binding.
I was able to get the Gremlin started. I have a lot more to do before I'm able to drive it around, but it lives. I am learning a lot about cars and having a great time while doing it. Right now most of what I'm doing is cleaning it. I'm going to make the shop-vac cry and ask for seconds.
You Aunt Crystal just came home and three blond boys were very happy to see her. I plan on getting out of the house for a bit of solitary time. The boys are into the Berenstain Bears books and we've read about forty of them in the last few days. That is not an exaggeration. Stan and Jan Berenstain are nothing if not prolific. I think our library has over two hundred of their works. I think I may press the issue of moving on before then. I need a little more variety then the boys do I guess.
The baby got some shots today and Elijah has a bronchial infection. We had a lot of waiting room time today. We made it out alive, but I don't know if we are any better for the experience. I know Elijah is. I am like most parents in that I prefer my child to be able to breathe.
I love you much and miss you always,
             Uncle Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment