Sunday, October 7, 2012

10/7/12

Dear Temple,
I hope this note finds you well and happy. Forgive the two day absence from writing. My sister and brother-in-law were in town over the weekend. We had a nice time. We stayed mostly indoors as the weather turned significantly colder here almost overnight. We took the family down to the pumpkin patch and stayed a whole 45 minutes or so. We usually plan on spending the whole day there when we go. It was cold, wet and basically uncomfortable. We stayed just long enough to take a few photos. Then we went to the mall.
Now you know how much I love the mall. Every day I wake up and say, "Oh, boy! Any day above ground is a day I want to spend at the mall! Joy of Joys!"
Not really.
Actually, I had a nice time at the mall. We got to visit a store my friends have some art in. We went to a nice book/game store that was fun. I saw a lot of toys I used to play with when I was a kid that are now 'collectable' and cost big bucks. I should have saved them. If I knew Castle Greyskulls would have appreciated so much I would have bought about two hundred and stored them.
My 1973 Gremlin car is coming probably by the end of next week. In no time I'll take a road trip up to see you and we can cruise around looking cool. I'm thinking about breaking out my 80's Gargoyle sunglasses. Then I can take a road trip up and we can cruise around while you pretend you're not related to me. I don't think those sunglasses were ever cool. Oh, well.
On Tuesday I could be a dad yet again as we're going to try and be the family that's chosen for a three-year-old boy. It would be a blessing to be a father again. The house will be full of boys for awhile. There will be lots of grunting and smelliness - not a lot of sitting around and talking about feelings.
I tell your Aunt Crystal that men only have two feelings; mad and asleep. She tells me sleeping is not a feeling and she has photo proof that I was happy once back in the 90's.
I'm kidding. It's hard to type sarcasm. Maybe I should italicise.
Elijah is going to do a lot of work on reading for homeschool this week. I've got phonics videos, classic reader books, as well as his normal work. I'm sure I will enjoy myself - he'll probably complain, but I'm his dad and can make him do stuff - so I hope he tries to make the best of it. He's looking forward to gymnastics on Wednesday. I just signed him up for another couple months.
I love you much and miss you always,
                                 Uncle Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment