Thursday, October 4, 2012

10/4/12

Dear Temple,
I hope this note finds you well and happy. We did a lot of cleaning here today and tonight to get ready for my sister and brother-in-law to visit. It's going to be nice having them here. We have a lot of company coming over the next few weeks. My other brother-in-law is taking me to the Rams/Packers game toward the end of October. My friend Ben is coming with his son early in November. It's nice having people coming to see me. There must be something wrong with them. I'll tell you why.
Right now our home is spotless. It will remain so until 6 a.m. tomorrow morning when the kids wake up. They can mess an entire household in mere moments. I plan on not being home much tomorrow so that we can keep the house in this facade of cleanliness until my visitors walk through the door. Then I can let my guard down a little. Our home isn't dirty, Temple, it's just impossible to keep everything in order when there are little kids destroying everything right behind any cleaning effort.
Our lives are a bit chaotic too. I wish that I could greet my company warmly, offer them an aperitif and maybe go for a nice walk down to beautiful main street.
What I usually do is hand over a baby while I run to keep the toddler from drowning in the toilet then spring outside since my six year old is about to attempt a backflip off the roof of his clubhouse. What I'm trying to say is a visit to my home doesn't seem like a vacation to me.
I wonder what goes on in their houses to make mine seem like a nice place to visit, and soon their may be FOUR boys here.
I love you much and miss you always,
                Uncle Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment