Friday, November 9, 2012

11/9/12

Dear Temple,
I hope this note finds you well and happy. Today is going well. All four boys are here and are having a good time. Elijah is happy with having someone to play with. I didn't think it was going to be a good day. The toddler was up at 5:30 and the baby woke up three times during the night due to teething. Your Aunt Crystal and I didn't get much sleep, but I guess we asked for it having so many kids. The odds of one or two having a rough night are pretty good.
We're not doing homeschool today. I'm trying to keep it simple. We'll probably go to the park later. We'll see how brave I am. I guess with four kids if one runs off and gets hit by a bus it's not too bad. I still would have three. Just kidding. Sort of.
Elijah set up a video game store outside. He figured out that when he picked a job he could choose one that immerses himself in what he likes. He told me he sells Star Wars toys at the store too. Doesn't sound like a bad job to me.
Your Aunt Crystal is off work for Monday, which is nice. My friend Ben is coming down from Wisconsin with his kid, which is also nice. We're going down to Forest Park and go to the zoo and maybe the art Museum. I may have told you this already. The best thing to do when and adult repeats stories or information to you is to humor them. Pretend to be interested. We like to hear ourselves talk. Deal with it.
I've been working on my novel again. I put in about 4,000 words this week, but couldn't get many yesterday. Too much going on to really lose myself in writing a book. Your Aunt Crystal thinks I should write one about the process we're going through now. I think it would sell. there is a definite market for it. I just don't want to write it right now. Maybe later. I don't know.
We have to get some Christmas shopping done soon. We were way ahead of the game a while ago, but we've done nothing since and now we're about par with everyone else. I really dislike going shopping around the holidays with the packed stores and the sick consumer-frenzy feeling I get from my fellow man.
We already got your gift and I think it's a good one.
I love you much and miss you always,
                  Uncle Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment