Saturday, September 22, 2012

9/22/12

Dear Temple,
I hope this note finds you well and happy. It's the weekend and as much as I like having your Aunt Crystal home with me, she will be going on a work conference trip on Sunday all the way to Wednesday. I never really feel quite like myself when she's gone and we're one day closer to that happening. I will miss her and so will the boys. We will carry on though. We are made of sterner stuff than crying away the hours until she comes home.

What will I do while she's gone? I'm glad you asked that. I've decided to stay up way too late and play video games. I haven't played video games in a long time. Your Aunt Crystal and I only really have the hours between 8 and 10. Playing video games when I could be spending quality time with her would be a waste.

It's getting colder here by us. I'm sure it is by you too. Missouri is very beautiful in the fall. If you visit us while the leave are changing I'll take you out on a drive in the country. It's really something to see. If you think that's boring, we'll do something else. I don't care. Maybe it is boring. Maybe I'm boring. What's so special about clumps of different trees displaying varied colors? It's hard to say. I just like it. Bring your hiking boots.

I've been planning to take Elijah camping but I may have missed the boat. It gets ungodly hot around here then all of a sudden, and I mean KAPOW! Fall hits. Hot during the day - cold at night. I know from the last couple of years that the boy steals all the covers at night and I end up waking up in the middle of the night blanketless and cold while that little toaster oven of a boy sleeps comfortably. Do I wake him? No. Why? I don't know. There's something parent's see about the peace of their child sleeping that they don't disturb them. Even if it means their discomfort.

I love you and miss you,
                      Uncle Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment