Monday, September 24, 2012

9/24/12


Dear Temple,
I hope this note finds you well and happy. Your Aunt Crystal went on her business trip and won't be back until Tuesday. We originally thought her return would be Wednesday, so Tuesday is a nice surprise. Taking care of the boys by myself isn't easy, but we'll be fine.
I don't have that much to tell you about today. Since I left work to take care of the boys and writing to try and make a dollar, my world has become pretty small. That's not a bad thing. I'm just a little worried that I may become weird(er) from the isolation. We get out every day and the boys are well socialized. It's me I'm need to keep tabs on. When I do speak with adults we usually end up talking about our kids anyway. Where did I go in this situation? Didn't I have a life of my own? That's up for debate. Maybe I'll try and figure out who I am and what I need when the children move out in about fifteen years. By then you might have children of your own to look after. Let's not think about that.
It's my birthday on Wednesday. I'll be 32 years old. It's an odd age. It's kind of a middle ground age where you're both young or old depending on the age of the audience you ask. To you - I'm old. To your Grandpa, well, it's best to not say anything he'll drive across state lines and beat me for. :)
Your Aunt Crystal got me a birthday present but won't tell me what it is. I don't really need much of anything at the moment so I should be pleasently surprised. I don't want to set my sights too high. If I had my drothers I would like a jet black 1970 Lincoln Mark III. I doubt that's what's coming.
Short letter, the baby is crying, got to go. Your Uncle is running the ship 24 hours-a-day with your Aunt gone. Scary thought.
I love you much and miss you always,
Uncle Justin.

No comments:

Post a Comment