Friday, September 28, 2012

9/28/12

Dear Temple,
I hope this note finds you well and happy. As you know, the most important holiday of the year - my birthday - has come and gone. When you have your birthday you take stock in yourself. When I stepped on the scale this morning, I found I had too much stock IN myself. Especially around my middle. The scale read 222.4. It's not an earth shattering weight, but I remember how much better I looked at 190-200 range. I'm also thinking about my heart. I need to keep healthy.
I would like to get back down to 200, my fighting weight. I have a small gym set-up in the garage with heavy bag, speed bag, weights, treadmill, jump rope, etc. My neighbor and I try to get out there every other day or so and work out.
I 'get out there' more than he does. He says he has family stuff to do. I tell him he should get his priorities straight.
My neighbor is a drafter. He's also a talker - which is good because I only say about 500 words a day. I need someone to fill up all that empty air. Now stick with me on this one. The last time we worked out he told me he went to the doctor because his hips felt stiff and his posterior hurt. No, Temple, I don't know why we were talking about his butt. HE brought it up. I find that talkers tend to give you way to much information about things because they run out of things to talk about so eventually they fill the air with personal reports. Anyway, His doctor told him that it was because he sits all the time at his job and that butt muscles contract when you sit.
"Did you know that your butt muscles did that?" He said.
"No," I said.
He went on to tell me at length that the workouts were helping him loosen up and that he could really feel a difference. I asked him if we could stop talking about his butt for awhile. He said okay, but I'm sure I'll get a full report the next time I see him. I can't wait.
Elijah and I are planning an Indiana Jones movie. We're doing it for his homeschool. We're going to set a story line, shoot it, then use Windows Movie Maker to put it all together. It will be awesome.
I plan on posting my weight as the days go by. If I fail you have my permission to look at me disapprovingly. Just not too disapprovingly. Don't break your Uncle's heart.
I love you much and miss you always,
                               Uncle Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment