Sunday, September 30, 2012

9/30/12

Dear Temple,
I hope this note finds you well and happy. 18.6 pounds to go - resisted ice cream temptation last night. I am the man! Anyway, I have found my dream car. I know you've probably heard me say that before, but this time I mean it. I may have been fickle in my automotive choices, but there comes a time when a man must stop gallivanting through the junkyards of life and settle. Here it is.
 
A 1971 Gremlin. Yes - when I get one I will be the coolest person ever. No you may not drive it until your sixteen. Then you may have at it. You, my darling, must learn how to drive a manual car. I learned a bit later then I should have. Your Aunt Crystal taught me. The car isn't too expensive to get and there are old parts for the thing everywhere. Why would they name a car after an imaginary mischievous sprite regarded as responsible for an unexplained mechanical or electrical fault? I don't know, but they did. Your Aunt Crystal told me that your Aunt Jenny used to date someone who drove one of these babies. Your Uncle Michael must have been quite the stud to take her away from such a man.

I plan on watching a little football today and get some cleaning done. With a game that has one hour playing time and two hours of commercials - that shouldn't be too hard of a task. Your Aunt Crystal has off tomorrow for the boy's court date. I hope school is going well for you. Have a great Sunday.
I love you much and miss you always,
                                Uncle Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment